Maintenance Attendant (non-driving) - USA
- Requisition ID
- Valet Parking Operations
- 52171 - (R) WESTIN BUCKHEAD
Tell me about this position!
What do I do as a Maintenance Attendant?
As our newest team member, you will be an integral part of location maintenance duties and guest interface.
Some duties include:
- Perform all maintenance and cleaning tasks
- note and correct any maintenance problems
- Paint surfaces such as poles, signs, doors, walls, curbs, islands, gates
Previous experience is preferred, but not required in all positions.
What do I need to be successful?
- Perform all maintenance and cleaning tasks noted in the checklists and as directed by the location manager/supervisor to ensure that all dirt, dust, litter and debris is removed from all areas of the location using brooms, mops, brushes and other hand tools.
- Walk garage daily to note and correct any maintenance problems.
- Sweep and pick up around the entrances and exits to the garage and stairwells as well as clean surface area rails, etc. on all levels, the booth, the office and restrooms.
- Sweep and pick up the sidewalks and roadway to ensure a luxurious, pristine arrival experience for all guests, executives, clients and associates.
- Empty all trash cans in the garage, booths and office.
- Paint any and all areas of the location as directed by the location manager/supervisor to ensure that all painted surfaces such as poles, signs, doors, walls, curbs, islands, gates, etc. are properly maintained and look neat and clean.
- Replace burned out bulbs.
- Apply oil absorbent to oil spills.
- Submit requests for repairs or maintenance.
- Check conditions of safety items, such as gate arms to ensure clearance bars are secure.
- Check ticket spitters and gates daily for proper operations, ticket supply, accuracy of time on clock and general appearance.
- Provide ticket and record gate counters to the Manager.
- Keep an inventory of janitorial supplies.
- Maintain a garage/lot sweep sheet.
- Operate automatic sweepers, scrubbers, outdoor equipment such as weed eater, lawn mowers or other electrical tools to repair or construct items, as applicable.
- Shovel, plow or blow snow from the entrance or exit ramps and in areas designated by the location Manager using shovels, snow blowers and other light duty equipment.
- Report any unknown, observed or suspected violations of company policy, safety hazards or any unusual occurrence to the location Manager in a timely manner.
- Practice the Three Keys to Guest Satisfaction including the Five Guest Service Behaviors to ensure successful guest interactions.
- Assist guests within the location or as directed by the location Manager/Supervisor.
- Resolve guest complaints independently or with the aid of a supervisor.
- Be familiar with all aspects of the operation and cover other duties including cashier, attendant, etc. on an as needed basis.
- Maintain a neat and clean appearance and arrive and remain in complete uniform before and during scheduled shifts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Other duties may include, but are not limited to: equipment service and general housekeeping tasks throughout the location.
- Individual must be able to perform with minimum supervision.
What will I be held accountable for?
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or a combination of experience and education. May require location maintenance, electrical and or painting experience and or skills training depending on the job assignment and location.
Availability to Work: Special shift requirements, if any, will vary depending on a location's hiring needs. If applicable, availability to work 3rd shift and/or weekends may be a requirement.
Oral Communication: Speaks clearly; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
Written Communication: Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Guest Service: Maintains positive attitude. Responds to requests for service and assistance. Treats everyone as a guest. This includes, but is not limited to the client associates, executives, vendors and fellow associates.
Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with change, delays, or unexpected events.
Judgment: Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
Professionalism: Reacts well under pressure.
Language Ability: Ability to read, write and interpret the English language. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from guests.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to use hands and fingers and to communicate with guests and fellow associates. The associate is frequently required to sit; reach with hands and arms; stand or walk for long periods of time (up to 8 hours). The associate is also frequently required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, and crouch. In addition, the associate is required to of twist, turn, stretch, and bend on a frequent basis. The associate must be able to lift and move 50 pounds or more regularly. The associate must be able to move in a relatively quick manner. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Peripheral vision and Ability to adjust focus. Ability to withstand working with dust, chemicals and other possible irritants and work in extreme weather conditions (rain, snow, cold, heat).
This job posting does not include the full range of functions/duties of the position. Associate will be required to perform any other job-related duties as assigned by their supervisor including the corporate office. This document does not create any employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship. A full job description is available upon request.
SP+ Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or other classes protected by federal or state law. SP+ Hospitality does not tolerate harassment of or retaliation against any associate or applicant on the basis of these characteristics, or because the individual exercised his or her EEO rights.
Job Reference #: 4486