Hotel Concierge - USA
- Requisition ID
- Valet Cashier/Guest Services
- 06629 - (R) HOTEL ROANOKE
Tell me about this position!
What do I do as a Hotel Concierge?
As our newest team member, you will be an integral part of the warm welcome and fond farewell process.
Some duties include:
- Act as the point of reference for guests who need assistance or information and attend to their wishes and requirements.
- Arrange events, excursions, transportation etc. upon request from hotel residents.
As our newest team member you will be the first to meet our guests and create the first impression of the hotel. This position requires and depends on this associate’s friendliness and efficiency.
The candidate will provide guests with a warm greeting and handle all incoming requests. In addition, protecting the hotel and its guests and residents by monitoring who comes in and out of the premises. Overall the goal is to contribute to a pleasant guest experience to increase our reputation, improve guest services at the hotel and service the hotel’s needs.
What do I need to be successful?
- Welcome guests upon entrance.
- Understand guest’s needs and provide them with personalized solutions by suggesting activities and facilities provided by the hotel.
- Acquire extensive knowledge of the premises and the nearby venues and businesses to make the most suitable recommendations.
- Answer the phone and make reservations, take and distribute messages or mail and redirect calls.
- Respond to complaints and find the appropriate solution.
- Provide accurate information and directions regarding the hotel and/or surrounding area
- Monitor the hotel entrance for any suspicious activity.
- Communicate with drivers, co-workers, and supervisors and address any concerns.
- Write factual reports regarding items that deviate from normal operation.
- Identify and report any safety issues immediately to supervisor.
- Clean and maintain surrounding work area (to include glass, desk and work area cleaning and sweeping of trash).
- Clean break room (to include empting trash, vacuuming and wiping down of table).
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Substitute for Cashiers or Valets, when necessary, if authorized.
What will I be held accountable for?
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education/Experience Required: Less than High School education or one month related experience, training or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Proven experience as concierge; hotel experience in guest service or relevant role is preferred.
Availability to Work: Special shift requirements, if any, will vary depending on a location's hiring needs. If applicable, availability to work 2nd shift, 3rd shift and/or week-ends may be required. Must be punctual when scheduled to work and have excellent attendance.
Knowledge: Knowledge of metro area is desirable.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, stand; walk, climb or balance; use hands to finger, handle, or feel in order to handle cash and equipment; talk and listen. Associates, on occasion, must lift/move up to 50 lbs.
Appearance: Associates will be required to maintain a neat and clean appearance and be in complete uniform at all times. Associates are to follow all guidelines stated in the Associate Handbook concerning standards of appearance, hygiene, grooming and dress.
Language skills: Must be able to read and write English exceptionally well. Ability to communicate effectively with guests, drivers, client associates and co-workers on all socio-economical levels. Ability to read and comprehend instructions and correspondence. Be able to write correspondence and/or reports legibly. Ability to effectively present information one-on-one and in group situations to guests, fellow associates, client associates, passengers, and drivers. Multilingual is strongly preferred (Spanish, French).
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to make sound judgments. Ability to educate others about policy/procedures, but not enforce policy/procedures. Ability to apply patience when communicating with others in difficult situations. Associate is required to remain polite and confident with a great deal of patience in all situations and interactions. Ability toresolve issues with a guest-focused orientation.
Other Skills and Abilities: Ability to carry out assigned tasks and duties completely and effectively. Ability to perform assigned duties with minimal supervision. Ability to demonstrate fair and impartial judgment. Ability in multitasking and time-management. Computer literate with ability to adapt to software programs.
Materials and Equipment Directly Used in Role: Computer, internet, Word, Excel, two way radios, various report forms, information logs, brochures, notebooks, pens and pencils.