Assistant Valet Parking Manager
- Requisition ID
- 52187 - (R) WESTIN KIERLAND RESORT AND SPA
Tell me about this position!
What will I do as a Valet Assistant Manager?
As our newest team member, you will assist to oversee all aspects of valet parking operations and guest services.
Some duties include:
- Ensure all associates are greeting and assisting hotel guests and visitors in a professional and courteous manner.
- Oversee parking services and rates.
- Event planning as it relates to the Valet Parking Department.
- Responsible for foreseeing the possible impact all events will have on property parking operation.
- Ensure client satisfaction through relationship building and meeting client requests.
- Assist Valet Parking Manager with account.
What do I need to be successful?
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the proper functioning and operation of the valet parking facility and assist to make and carry out all policy decisions as approved by SP+ Hospitality.
- Working knowledge of the Standard Operating Procedures of all levels of the entire parking operation.
- Responsible for ensuring all Standard Operating Procedures are being carried out by all valet parking associates while under his/her management.
- Ensure all high level final decisions regarding the associates, client, operations and guests are run through the Valet Parking Manager for approval first before taking action. (Varying levels of authority may be assigned.)
- Possess and use aggressive hospitality skills in order to portray an image of professionalism that is guaranteed to ensure total guest and client satisfaction.
- Closely monitor the status of the parking operation that will include, but not be limited to: associate related issues, operations related issues, guest related issues, loss prevention issues and corporate office requirements.
- Assist the Valet Parking Manager maintain sufficient staffing and ensure proper training and coaching.
- Maintain and exercise the culture and philosophy of SP+ Hospitality at all times.
What will I be held accountable for?
Essential Qualification Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Availability to Work: Special shift requirements, if any, will vary depending on a location's hiring needs. Availability to work all shifts and/or week-ends required. Must be punctual when scheduled to work and have excellent attendance.
Education/Experience Required: High School education or GED. Prior guest service and hotel experience preferred. Ability to do basic arithmetic with knowledge of practical bookkeeping and basic accounting functions.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel in order to handle cash and equipment; talk and listen. Associates are frequently required to reach and or sign (communicate) with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. Associates work in and around potentially dangerous traffic situations, and associates are to be safety conscious at all times. Associates are regularly exposed to outside weather conditions including snow storms and extreme heat. Associates are regularly exposed to high levels of noise and/or fumes from vehicles. Associates on occasion must lift/move up to 75 lbs.
Appearance: Associates will be required to maintain a neat and clean appearance and be in complete uniform at all times. Associates are to follow all guidelines stated in the Associate Handbook concerning standards of appearance, hygiene, grooming and dress.
Language skills: Must be able to read and write English exceptionally well. Ability to communicate effectively with clients, associates, passengers, drivers, and co-workers on all socio-economical levels. Ability to read and comprehend simple and complex instructions and correspondence. Be able to write correspondence.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to make sound judgments. Ability to educate others about policy/procedures and enforce policy/procedures. Ability to apply patience when communicating with others in difficult situations.
Other Skills and Abilities: Ability to carry out assigned tasks and duties completely and effectively. Ability to perform assigned duties with minimal supervision. Ability to demonstrate fair and impartial judgment.
- Advanced Google or Microsoft software.
- Valet Parking Software working experience.
- Hotel management experience.
- 4+ years’ service related management experience.
- Proven ability to manage a team.
- Ability to communicate in other languages, Spanish preferred.
- Previous guest relations training.
- Previous formal parking or hotel management training.
- College degree in hotel, hospitality, restaurant or retail.